21 September 2018
| SeaWorld Conference Centre, Gold Coast Australia
FernoSim is a high-fidelity, fast-paced scenario based competition designed to hone paramedics' communication and clinical skills. The event is alot of fun, a great opportunity to network and form new friendships. Join the fun - enter a team!
FernoSim is held on Friday afternoon/evening, in conjunction with Paramedics Australasia's International Conference which runs from 20 - 22 September. FernoSim will be held on 21 September 2018 commencing 5.30pm and into the evening.
Key Info & Updates
- Team Check-In and Briefing: Friday 21 September at 07:30 hrs - SeaWorld Convention Centre Car Park. Teams will be sent a location map and schedule by email.
- FernoSim Challenge: Friday 21 September at 17.30 hrs - SeaWorld Conference Centre Car Park. Free entry.
- Winner Announcements: Saturday 22 September during Awards Dinner.
Further updates will be posted on this event page and announced via social media. Use #FernoSim on Twitter
Sign up to join the Paramedic FernoSim Crew on the Gold Coast - Limited spots available. Download and submit your registration form NOW!
It takes alot of work to put on the FernoSim and we can't do it without our enthusiastic band of helpers. If you're interested in working backstage or even acting as a patient, consider joining FernoSim's Crew. At this stage, Crew members must be available to help with set up and the actual FernoSim Challenge on Friday 21 September from 12.30 to 21.30.
Download CREW REGISTRATION FORM
Registering a Team
- Download the Registration Kit and complete the forms
- Submit your paperwork to Ces Thomson by email to FERNOSIM@FERNO.COM.AU
- Submission deadline: 20 July 2018 unless places are sold out prior to this date
FernoSim Team Exclusives
Registered FernoSim Team members are eligible for discounted conference registration of AU$350 . The FernoSim schedule has been arranged so that team members are free to attend all conference sessions with the exception of a half-hour overlap before the FernoSim finals. The conference fee includes:
- Conference materials
- Access to all conference sessions and SIM challenge
- Lunch, morning and afternoon refreshments daily (per program)
- One admission to the Welcome Reception on Thursday evening
A special link for FernoSim team members will be posted here when PAIC Registrations are open. Dinner tickets can be purchased at time of registering for the conference. Costs for dinner are currently under negotation.
The PAIC organising committee have negotiated super-discounted room rates at Sea World hotel. A link to book accommodation will be provided when it becomes available. A standard double room looks like this:
Keep an eye out for updates and announcements via social media. Use #FernoSim on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.